Since moving house is such a busy time things can be forgotten so here’s our top tips for moving day.
1. Firstly you should put together a first night pack. This should consist of toiletries, toilet paper, clean set of clothes, night clothes, towels, tea, coffee, milk and water. After your move the last thing you want to do is hunt through all your boxes for your essentials. This can really make a massive difference to stress levels. Also treat yourselves to a takeaway so you don’t have to worry about shopping, just turn on the fridge and relax.
2. Organising your electric and water in advance can save you so much hassle. It is a simple process to do by phone call. Just give them the dates of the changeover for both properties, identification and contact details. This will ensure that you are not over charged and vice versa for the people moving out of your new home.
3. It is equally as important to organise your insurance company to make sure you are covered during your move. The insurance for your previous home should be cancelled the day after the move and the new one should start the day before ideally. At Pierre Finance we have your assets covered as we use a great panel of companies to make sure we get the best quote.
4. As moving is one of if not the most stressful thing in life have a spare set of keys cut before the event. The amount of times I have heard people loosing their keys on moving day is incredible. There’s so much going on that it is easy to do. Keep a spare set with friends or family just in case.
5. A great tip is to organise the kids and pets to stay with friends or family. You don’t want to have to worry about them and this will help with a smooth transition for them also. Stress free all round is the key here.
The friendly, professional team at Pierre Finance are only a call away to help with all your financial needs.